Manchester City open their Premier League campaign with an excursion to newly-promoted Brighton & Hove Albion on Saturday evening.
Pep Guardiola’s side are early favorites to assert the top-tier name come the close of the season due to the magnitude of the spending over the summer transfer window up to now.
City have finished bargains for Kyle Walker, Benjamin Mendy, Bernardo Silva, Danilo, and goalkeeper Ederson since the conclusion of last season, adding to their already star-studded squad.
Saturday’s traffic to the Amex is going to be expected to start their campaign with three things as they look to last year’s finish of the third.
MAN CITY INJURIES
Benjamin Mendy will perform no area of the tie after his summer move from Monaco due to a knee injury, meaning Walker and Danilo will start from the full-back places.
Ilkay Gundogan has returned to first-team training but is put to miss the opening few weeks of this season.
MAN CITY SUSPENSIONS
Manchester City have no suspensions coming into the Brighton fixture.
MAN CITY POTENTIAL STARTING LINE-UP
Guardiola opted for a 3-5-2 formation during pre-season, using Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus beginning together up front.
Mendy’s harm at left-back means Danilo – traditionally a right-back – will fill to the France international, together with Walker on the opposing side of the pitch. Leroy Sane was tested in the left handed back position throughout the friendly against West Ham, however, also provides another option should Guardiola look to attack Brighton’s 36-year-old full-back Bruno.
Vincent Kompany, John Stones along with Nicolas Otamendi can make up a three-man backline, using Yaya Toure working just ahead, though City also have the option of reverting to your back four.
David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne can Offer the ammunition to the front, with Raheem Sterling, Bernardo Silva and Sane offering added firepower from the seat.
BRIGHTON TEAM NEWS
Former Valencia goalkeeper Mat Ryan will start in goal for the Seagulls, together with Lewis Dunk and Shane Duffy partnering in the centre of defence.
Two principal midfielders are set to make their official debuts for Brighton, together with Pascal Gross arriving from Ingolstadt and Davy Propper from PSV. The pair are very likely to start along with Dale Stephens, together with Gross at the head of the principal trio at a 4-4-1-1 formation.
Glenn Murray and Tomer Hemed will struggle to the striker berth in Hughton’s side, together with Anthony Knockaert about the best, and Solly March, Jiri Skalak or even Chelsea loanee Izzy Brown on the other flank.
Beram Kayal will miss out on 12 weeks after fracturing his fibia, while Sam Baldock (calf) has also been ruled out.
OPTA MATCH FACTS
- The previous group meeting between Brighton and Man City has been a 2-1 home triumph for its south-coast side in April 1989, at the next tier of English football.
- Chris Hughton has only won one of the seven launching day league matches as a supervisor, a 1-0 triumph for Brighton over Nottingham Forest at 2015 (D3 L3).
- Manchester City have won all the last six launching day competitions at the Premier League, the most effective current run from the contest.
- Sergio Aguero includes five goals from six previous opening day matches for Manchester City.
- The Amex Stadium is going to be the 56th different ground to host a Premier League game. Only one of the previous eight teams debuting from the Premier League has dropped their opening home game (Bournemouth at 2015).
TV COVERAGE & KICK-OFF TIME
Kick off is 17:30 BST using the game to be shown live on BT Sport 1 and also streamed during BT Sport Live Streaming.